Showing all 2 results
Ativan 1mg$329.00 – $749.00 Select PillsQuick View
Ativan 2mg$349.00 – $799.00 Select PillsQuick View
What is Ativan?
Ativan, also known as lorazepam, is related to a class of drugs known as benzodiazepines. Benzodiazepines act on the brain and nerves in order to produce a calming effect. It works by enhancing the effects of a natural chemical in the body known as GABA.
Ativan is a controlled substance because it has the potential for addiction. It is a type of prescription drug that is also available in its generic form at a lower cost. You can easily buy Ativan online with a prescription.
Ativan is available in two forms:
- oral tablets
- solution for intravenous injection
What are the uses of Ativan?
Ativan is a prescription drug that helps treat anxiety disorders, insomnia, and status epilepticus. It is a tranquilizer that is given before surgery to make you sleep.
Ativan is also effective for panic attacks and helps prevent nausea and vomiting resulting from chemotherapy.
Ativan helps in the short-term treatment of insomnia due to anxiety or stress. The FDA has also approved it for the treatment of a severe type of seizure known as status epilepticus.
Types of Ativan
Ativan comes in a tablet form with strengths:
- 5 mg-These are white five-sided tablets with A on one side and BPI 63 on the other side
- 1 mg-These are white five-sided tablets with A on one side and BPI 64 on the other
- 2 mg- These are white five-sided tablets with A on one side BPI 55 on the other
Ativan is also available as an oral solution with 0.5 mg per 5 ml and 2 mg per ml.
The injection form is available as 1 mg per 0.5 ml, 2 mg per ml, and 4 mg per ml.
How to use Ativan?
The dosage of Ativan will depend on several factors. These include:
- the type and severity of the condition
- other medical conditions you may have
- the form of Ativan you take
Take Ativan by mouth exactly as prescribed by your doctor. You can take this medicine with or without food. In case if you have missed a dose, take it as soon as you can. You should take a look at the dosage and the prescription chart when you order Ativan online.
The typical oral dosage for Ativan tablets is 2 mg to 6 mg daily.
Dosage for anxiety
The typical dose for anxiety is 1mg to 3 mg two to three times daily.
Dosage for insomnia
The typical dosage for insomnia is 2 mg to 4 mg at bedtime.
Old age people and people with some physical condition should start with a lower dose. The dosage for these people should be 1 mg to 2 mg. People should take this medicine two to three times daily for anxiety. For insomnia, take this medicine once at bedtime.
What to know before taking Ativan?
Misuse of Ativan can cause addiction, overdose, or death. Do not take Ativan if you have the following conditions:
- Do not use Ativan if you have narrow-angle glaucoma, severe respiratory insufficiency, myasthenia gravis, or an allergy to Valium or a similar drug.
- Do not use Ativan if you have a history of an allergic reaction to any benzodiazepines such as alprazolam, lorazepam, diazepam, and others.
- Do not stop taking Ativan suddenly because it may cause withdrawal symptoms. These symptoms include seizures, mood changes, stomach pain, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle pain, and trouble sleeping.
- You should not use this medicine during pregnancy because it may harm an unborn baby.
- Do not breastfeed while taking this medicine because this drug passes into breastmilk and can harm your baby.
To make sure that Ativan is safe for you, tell your doctor if you ever had:
- drug or alcohol addiction
- kidney or liver disease
- breathing problems such as COPD
- sleep apnea
- suicidal thoughts or behavior
Side effects of Ativan
Ativan is an effective drug if used as prescribed but can also cause some severe side effects. The common side effects of Ativan include:
- feeling unsteady
These side effects of Ativan may go away within a few days or weeks. Talk to your doctor if the side effects are more severe.
Severe side effects
- unusual changes in mood or behavior
- thoughts of suicide
- vision changes
- sleep problems
- lack of coordination
- unusual weakness
- muscle weakness
- slowed breathing
- change in sexual interest
Ativan can also cause psychological and physical dependence. It is more likely in people who take a high dose of Ativan or are using it for a long time. The symptoms of physical dependence are as follows:
- body aches
- muscle weakness
Using Ativan can cause some severe allergic reactions. The symptoms can include:
- trouble breathing or swallowing
- rapid heartbeat
- swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- severe rash or hives